Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hud's birthday

Welp, this birthday for Hud was not quite what I had planned. I got in my mind a zoo party, and since he had a check-up with his doctor on his birthday, I planned it for the next week. (Half-price Wednesdays, yo!) That Wednesday, it was in the forecast to rain and be cold, so I cancelled the party. The cold really came through, I don't think it even made it to the 50s, but it didn't even rain. :/ I think I did the right thing though, that's a little chilly. I didn't want to reschedule it for two weeks past his birthday (which, good thing I didn't, because this last Wednesday, it did rain and rain, and was fuh-reezing!), so I just said to heck with it. Hopefully we can meet our friends at the zoo one of these days and the plus side is they won't have to worry about a gift (though some of them did anyway - thanks, ladies!)

So on March 27th, his actual birthday, we took the kids to Red Robin and then Dave & Busters. We hung out there as long as we I could stand and then came home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A couple days later, some friends of ours insisted on bringing over cake and ice cream for Hudson, so we invited the Sharps too and made a night of it. Easter was that weekend, so I made some funeral potatoes, asparagus, we got some rotisserie chickens, and the Sharps brought a salad. After all of that deliciousness, we brought out the cake for Hud and sang to him. He loved it. (Best cake ever, for sure.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The next night we had a little fiesta for him at my brother's house, inviting all both our families. It was so much fun, I'm so glad there are so many family members around!! We always have fun when we get together, and the kids love going up there and exploring 'the country.'

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hud scored big this year. Baseballs, a Kinsler jersey, a basketball, a Tball set, HIS VERY OWN CAPE - what more could this kid ever need??  He's such a spoiled little guy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love you bud!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Yay Hudson! We love you!!!

Michael said...

Oopsies. That's from me (Karen). I'm signed in under Mike's name. But I know he loves Hudson too. :)