Monday, August 18, 2014

Stroh Family Reunion

Last month, my brother, dad & step-sister all came to Texas to hang out. We had plans previously to travel to California and hang out with my aunt and her family, but it didn't work out. Sooooo those who could came to us! A win-win for me, since I was freaking out at the idea of flying to San Fran and then driving to a northernmost part of the state with my beloved children. My beloved children who hate car rides.

Anyway.

Thursday night we hosted dinner at our house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday morning, those that could went shooting. So glad Ashley took pictures for me, so I could stay at home with los ninos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday night, we went to the Rangers game, but before that we enjoyed a fine feast at Mariano's.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was reallllly warm. I'm not sure anyone would have classified it as 'fun.'

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Some folks just can't hang.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday morning, we loaded up everything we could think of, Buck included, and went to Spence & Heather's to stay for a night. As soon as we got there, it was clear it wasn't going to work out with Buck there, so Mike had to take him all the way home. Aaaand he got stuck in traffic so he missed out on a good portion of the day.

We had so much fun in the pool! I couldn't have asked for anything more. Everyone was happy. Even my dad, The Grump. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The puppies loved all the company and were soooo worn out by the end.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday night we had One. Amazing. Meal. and then spent the night chatting. After everyone went to bed, I stayed awake because of my stupid issue with Mike's snoring and general unrest.

The next morning, Heather made these uhhhhmazing apple pancakes and we lounged around the pool, playing games - including Speed (an old family favorite) - and trying to get Brandt to sleep. Such fun! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Before everyone started leaving, we took some family pictures. It was hilarious. Between the extreme heat and the dogs randomly getting in the shots...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love my family!! Back in the day, we'd spend a week in Tahoe or in Clearlake, CA - swimming, tubing, skiing, eating Cheezits, Red Vines and eating delicious dinners provided by my dad & step-mom. (I guess I've always loved food. That's good to know.) This was kind of a throwback to that, and I loved it. My sisters are the best. They're so funny and sweet. Spence & Heather are the best hosts. Travis is... well, Travis. No matter how much time passes, he knows me as well as I know him. It's always good to see him. And my dad - well, he's my dad. And things will always be weird between us. (Not because of any one thing, just because my dad is just that way. But I'm accepting it.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Sarah Kirchmann said...

What a beautiful family! So glad you had this time with them!